We are seeking for our office location in Warsaw and Cracow a
Software Engineer (m/f) - Embedded Software Applications
The Embedded Software Application department is responsible for delivering of production-quality embedded software for plug-in modules and stand-alone devices incl. design, code, test and related documentation. This objective is achieved by an iterative and incremental development process combined with extensive software reuse.
- Develop embedded application software for our telecommunication products
- Actively contribute to definition and design of the software architecture. This also comprises familiarity with requirements of carrier grade systems and design solutions accordingly
- Define, model and implement Software modules in kernel (C) and application space (C++)
- Responsible for Software Development Process including writing design documents, coding and testing.
- You are a key contributor to defined software modules during the development, together with other modules and departments (hardware, network management, …) contributors, as well as various and varied system aspects related to those defined software modules
- You cooperate in the definition of the product architecture to improve productivity and stability of applications
- Be one of the main contact engineers for software engineering and Linux related questions
- Engineering degree in informatics or electronics with focus on Computer Science
- Experience in software and system design of embedded software applications
- Good skills in Software engineering, OOD and Software modelling
- Demonstrated Linux system (toolchain, init, kernel architecture) and open source understanding
- Current knowledge in various programming languages is mandatory (object oriented C++). C++ 11 or newer is a plus
- Knowledgeable in development of IP-based solutions with good knowledge of related layer 2 and layer 3 protocols. Ideally having had direct contact with proprietary or open source protocol stacks
- Know-How in re-engineering and refactoring is greatly advantageous
- Experienced with SCM (git, svn, ...) and code review platforms (gerrit, …)
- Are passionate about technology, interested in real-time, and care deeply about doing work that you are proud of
- Communicate with clarity and precision in English. We care about this almost as much as your technical ability. German knowledge would be advantageous
- A self-dependent job in a dynamic and international environment
- Further training options, flexible working hours
- Motivated, strong and integrated team
Interested in applying? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application and indication of your salary expectation and availability by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.