Encryption Card SECU1
KEYMILE offers the industry’s first solution for highly secure end-to-end encryption of communications networks belonging to operators of critical infrastructure. KEYMILE’s hybrid XMC20 multi-service access and transport platform offers with its encryption card SECU1 the only way of making communications networks exceptionally secure in the long-term without risking availability.
The card encrypts all network traffic used to monitor and control networks belonging to energy utilities, railway companies, gas and oil pipelines, local authorities and for air-traffic control and defence purposes transparently and natively on Layer 2. The solution is tailored to these sectors’ needs and can be integrated into an existing network without making any changes in the infrastructure.
Fail-safe operation plays a key role in mission-critical networks, so as a board the card has a redundant design. Two separate encryption units are available that use a hardware-based quantum random number generator (QRNG). It harnesses the coincidental quantum states of photons to generate truly random numbers and highly secure keys. The latter are much more secure and can provide top security for mission-critical networks in the future too.
- Complies with the stringent demands posed by mission-critical systems (MCS)
- Fanless, robust hardware integrated in the XMC20 platform
- End-to-end encryption to prevent cyber-attacks in packet-based transport networks (MPLS-TP)
- Random numbers generated by quantum physics (QRNG)
- Can be extended with a Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) server
- Centralized and decentralized key distribution
- Made and developed in Germany and Switzerland
- Offers security and high levels of availability
|Solution Brief Encryption Card – SECU1||2.3 MB|